Flow Productions and YVA: Your Virtual Assistance are trading names used by Jo Hughes, operating as sole trader and based in the United Kingdom.
Having built up extensive (mostly corporate) experience in a variety of office support roles, in February 2008 I re-established myself as a freelancer under the name YVA: Your Virtual Assistance, doing everything I used to do as an Executive PA, Office Manager, Secretary or Admin Assistant, but mostly working from home and serving a variety of corporate and private clients at any one time.
Plenty of people and businesses were (and are) looking to have a dedicated support professional, without having to commit themselves in return by way of offering employment or fixed (minimum) hours, not to mention the investment of office space, IT equipment and other facilities.
As times moved on, so did the needs and desires expressed by (potential) clients, so since first starting in 2008 I have diversified into transcription, translation, website/document production and social media support, which is where the name Flow Productions has come in.
Over the past years, tasks and projects I have been involved in have included (but not been limited to):
• Provision of (remote or in-house) temporary cover for PAs or other members of support staff on leave;
• Transcription of audio and video recordings (interviews, dictation, events, reports, meetings, raw media footage, etc.);
• Dutch-to-English and English-to-Dutch translation of documents, websites, books and other materials;
• Planning and co-ordination of office set-ups and relocations, both administratively and physically (hands-on);
• Organisation and management of business away-days, promotional meet-ups and other events;
• Helping people and companies ‘go paperless’ by converting their paper files into manageable, searchable electronic filing systems;
• Writing anything from single letters to blogs, brochures, staff manuals and (factual) books;
• Creation, formatting and production of paper and electronic documents (including manuals, eBooks, menus, leaflets, mailshots and email campaigns);
• Creating and managing people’s/organisations’ Twitter accounts, Facebook Pages and (WordPress) websites, as well as LinkedIn profiles, pages and groups.
Would you like to know if I could be of service to you? Then don’t hesitate to contact me with your needs.
Note that I never sub-contract or otherwise outsource any work (which is why, on this website,
I deliberately chose not to refer to myself in the plural pronoun); if I am not able to help you myself,
I will be happy to refer you to someone who is.